Pages

Tuesday 21 May 2019

Yr8 Camp 2019

I step outside my porch to greet the morning air, excited because today the 15 of May 2019 we have the annual Year 8 leadership camp.

Step forward a bit and we were stepping on the bus. I sit at the back with my friend Jaylim. The ride was eventful with singing and joyful stories. When we arrived we sat down on the damp ground in our team lines: Kauaeranga, Thames, Kauri and Coromandel. I was in Kaueranga with one of my best friends Lepa.

Some time later we had our first activity: Air Rifles. We shot some metal studs at some paper targets. I had about 3 turns when it was time for dinner. We had very delectable tacos (Yum!)

The second day we had some more activities like: Flying Fox, Paintball, Go Karts and Railway jiggers. The Go Karts was the best because my boss in my school jobs said helpful tips about how to to good so I made it in about 1m and 30 seconds in 3 laps. Then in dinner we had some delicous butter chicken and had a polyniesian themed night. The teachers made us make an group item and me and my friend Lepa sang and we had a ginourmous round of applause and we ended up winning our group talent show. Then coming second overall!

The third and last day we ate breakfast and cleaned our rooms and bunks. Then we had awards from all the activities. After we jumped on the bus and traveled for about 10 minutes before arriving on a water garden called Ngatea Water Gardens. It was a "Joke Garden" Because a lot of comical props and thingymajings in the water garden. After all of that we rode for an unknown amount of time (because I slept) and arrived on Pt England School ground. We grabbed bags and made our way to the "Breeze" then after a bit of banter we went home.

This camp is one the best camp I've been to, because my friends were there and I tried out alot of things I would normaly do. But learned alot and this camp will forever be remembered.

THE END


No comments:

Post a Comment